Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some recent pictures of my Agalychnis Annae tads with a couple of pictures of the parents thrown in.
The larger tads are about an inch and a half including tale and will soon get their front legs.

FTS - basic set up

Female

·
Registered
250 Posts
Those are pretty cool!! Do they lay large clutches? Is that a planted rain chamber? :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are pretty cool!! Do they lay large clutches? Is that a planted rain chamber? :)
Yes they can have large clutches with over 100 tads.
My rain chamber just had potted plants that were set on top of deli containers so that they wouldn't become water logged. The frogs ended up laying on the leaves of a rubber plant.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news! Saturday my first tad came out of the water. It looks like some little monster. :p
Here are some pictures. Hope you like them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
congrats that is one cool froglet. Monster indeed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Man thank you so much for sharing. Those are some sweet frogs. I want yet another frog now! Haha And they're def little monsters. Keep posting pics and congratulations.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to update you with some pics I took yesterday. The tads are morphing quickly and seem to be very healthy. I was trying to determine how to keep all the frogs from invading my house:D They usually morph out at night. My solution was to lay glass over the tops of the plastic bins. This as been really helpful because it allows me to remove them when I get back from work in the evenings. Something else I learned was that I don't have to worry about how the newly morphed frogs will get out of the water.
I put some screen and some eggcrate in the water so they could climb out on it but I haven't seen them use it yet. They are very capable of climbing up the side of the bins and are pretty fast at it too. When I was doing a water change one of the frogs that was in the water made a dash for freedom and jumped onto the floor before I new it! Well here are the pictures.
Enjoy,
Seth

·
Registered
309 Posts
Awesome pics. I love number 3. Keep them coming. This thread just makes me want annae more and more.
Logan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome pics of an awesome species! Are you looking to sell any?
Yes. Anyone interested in getting a group should message me with your name and Email address and I'll be in contact with you.
I am setting up a waiting list so the sooner you contact me the better.
My main reason for the wait is that I want to give the young some time to acclimate and mature a little bit before shipping. :)
The froglets are $40 each.

Groups of 10 or more will ship free.

Look forward to hearing from you. I'll keep the pics coming

Seth

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hi guys,
Here are some updated photos of the frogs development.
It's been two weeks since the first frogs came out of the water.
I misted their tank and thought the water droplets made for a pretty cool accent.
Enjoy, Seth

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gorgeous frogs. I second the kif lookalike comment. How long do they keep that juvenile appearance would you say?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts