Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tank he shares with an adult (36x18x24 exo terra), clay mineral soil that you can't see, first is when it was about half planted, second is earlier in the week:

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks, they're not breeding yet because this guy is too young, I'm hoping it's a male because the adult in there with him hasn't been calling, and I noticed that mature male pumilio will call to female froglets in the tank with them, so the adult is probably a female (hopefully they're not both male also, but the adult probably woulda called at least a little).

I gotta say that I designed this after Brent's blue jeans tank because of his success through trial and error, same dimensions but his is a foot taller than mine, but I'm using clay mineral soil like his does (but using Matt's recipe), and the screen top that came with the tank has 2 pieces of glass lying on top of 2/3 of it, on the left and right sides, with saran wrap on top of 1/3 of the screen between them so that the glass is holding the saran wrap down, so that I can get a Reptisun 10.0 48" T8 UVB bulb to go into the shop light on the rack, the frogs can escape the UVB by staying under the glass sections (or plants/wood) if they need to, from what I understand UVB will penetrate saran wrap and get blocked only maybe about 30% by the screen. If that's not true someone hopefully will point it out. I got another blue jeans adult pair temporarily in an 18*18*24 (half the size of this one) until a similar tank is built for them unless they start breeding like crazy in the tank they're in, then I might be temped to keep them in there permanently :p

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Chris,
Lucky you, I noticed no misters or water in the tank . Do you just hand spray if so how often?
Yeah there's probably about an inch and a half of standing water in the drainage layer and just reaching the top of the gravel in the "pool" area on the right, I hand mist them all really well once a day usually with one of those pump up garden sprayers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice set-up. I just moved a 1.2 Gold Dust Bastimentos from a 72 bowfront to a 26 gallon bowfront. Hoping they can remember where their eggs are in a smaller tank, I also hand spray easier to keep an eye on them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.