Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Most likely not Blue Jeans...

Ask the seller where he got them...what year they were imported, ect.

·
Registered
165 Posts
$60 would be great for some blue jean pumilio. Problem is they are probably not blue jeans.

They are probably from a wholesaler and not one of the more dedicated breeders of the specie so you are probably getting some sort of mislabeled pumilio and probably not the best buy.

Consider that this frogs will probably be housed with many other frogs, have parasites and you might have frogs that look similar but could end up being 2 different type of pumilio.

Im no expert and Im sure others with more knowledge will chime in.

If pumilio are your interest I would check the classifieds in this forum or contact some of the sponsors that do work with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your fast replies I will ask him right now. Ya I thought $60 was a little to good to be true

·
Registered
165 Posts
I beleive if you do a search, you will see these same add and pumilio have been discussed before.

They are not blue jean I will tell you that much. Wheather you decide to get them or not is your choice.

Good luck with your decision!!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The "blue and red" pumilio offered are man creeks and not blue jeans. Man creeks can look very much like blue jeans but without any site specific data they will always be classified as man creeks.
Jason

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have been trying to look for these guys too for a very long time but I have never found any breeder who has ever sold these guys, and to tell u the truth i dont even know why, but if it isnt a breeder that is breeding only the frogs then they will treat and price them extremly different so i wouldnt buy them from him! just my advice because last time i ordered from a local pet store and they order all there stuff from this place in florida called extreme reptiles and i ordered two blue poison dart frogs thinking they were going to be D. Azureus, but when i got them the were D. Aruatus "Blue" which in my eyes they arnt responsible in properly labling them and dont really care. so just my advice!

Well any ways good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts