Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Blue and Bronze auratus good, how are their behavior like shy or what? I got two for 40 bucks total. So 20 each. I am so happy lol.

Thanks
RYan

G

·
Ryan said:
Are Blue and Bronze auratus good, how are their behavior like shy or what? I got two for 40 bucks total. So 20 each. I am so happy lol.

Thanks
RYan
First of all...good deal on the frogs. I dont have blue/bronze, but i do have green/black. I have a group of 4. 2 are pretty bold and can be seen hanging out most of the day. The other 2 are sorta shy and only come out at feeding time. I have noticed that the heavier the tank is planted, the more bold they are. They feel more secure knowing they can duck behind a leaf at any time.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i have green and black also, i just not sure how different the blue and bronze will be.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also does anyone know where i can see pics of these? mine are small and not yet turning bronze, i just wanna see what they look like as adults.

G

·
Ryan, I was just reading some random posts on KS and saw one which said that Blue auratus are some of the more shy ones. Of course she didnt specify what type of blue, and she is only writing it from her experience....yours may be different.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have a pair of green and bronze/blue bronze, they seem to change their color from turquoise to green every so often. They are very active mine are always out looking at who is in the room. They are pretty profolic too. As you can see I have 20 babies, and i have sold around 100 tadpoles, and I have another ten coming out of the water. and did you get yours from under the canopy farms? I saw the green and bronze they had and those were some nice frogs.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Those were nice ones too, I got a vent tadpole from derek at simply natural

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I got it for free, because he still owed me a vent tad from when I gave him a 125 galon tank awhile back, I got a pair of imitators and 2 vents from him. He was charging 35 per tad, but Ray from Thunderbay Herps got the other 7 for a proven pair of blue auratus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts