Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yeah cool

Hi Steve,
Wow your right. The second from the left sure looks like one to me. Click on the link, then, click on the arrow to the left under the pumilio picture. Strange.
Dave

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have seen that picture before, and have always wondered how true the colors are. I have seen some other pics of white bastis that have blue tints to them or a few blue marks... but never a whole blue basti (except for this pic). I just wonder how come we haven't seen more pics of whole blue ones if they do occur? However, I wouldn't say that there isn't a blue basti for sure as there is just so much variation in pumilio... and cause I haven't been to the island myself :).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Look closely at the feet and sides of the three other frogs. There is blue coloration where you would normally see white. Looks like the color in the pic is off.

G

·
check out the text under the pics

Coloration: Typical coloration in Costa Rica and mainland Panamá may be red with blue "pants". Colors on the Bocas del Toro Archipelago can vary from island to island and some islands may contain multiple color morphs. Observed colors include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, and black, with all shades in between.

I'd guess it is blue. As far as the coloration being off, I know the photographer and I doubt he would publish and put his name on a poor photo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts