Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mind has been thoroughly blown! Every time I look at this my mouth drops open. This photo was taken by my 12 year old son, Max. You all know him by Frogboy. You may be seeing this photo soon on the SNDF website! Marcus Breece has taken a serious liking to it!

Please, no thanks or likes given to me...it's not my photo. Instead, give them to Frogboy!

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wish I was that good with a camera. All I have is a terrible camera on my phone and a terrible camera with no manual focus. I'm taking a digital photography class next year so hopefully I'll improve a LITTLE. :p Great job though! I'm very jealous :p

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like you caught her feeding _and_ transporting.... Inside the brom axil there's definitely a second tadpole and it looks like maybe there's an egg in there for food. Excellet shot.
Not quite, Jake. She laid a clutch of 8 eggs there. One went bad. That's the "food egg" you are seeing. There are two other good tads in the pic and she came back for them later. The clutch was laid on a broad leafed plant. Can't remember the name...those arrow-head looking plants with the pink in them. HaHa...very scientific of me, huh?
I don't know how many tads a pair of Escudos can watch, but they have very high hopes. In a span of about 1 to 1.5 weeks they transported at least 10 to 12 tads!!! If they can handle that many, our viv is ready! 50 gallons with clay substrate, 3 types of springtails, and 3 types of isopods. This shot's mine, but here is home sweet home.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts