Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I know this is tough without a picture, and I am working on getting a clear shot... inthe mean time,

My leuc has developed a small bump under his eye (not touching his eye) that resmebles a small, dark blister. It is very similar to the bump on the azureus of the Haselhaus book (Poison Arrow Frogs, Their natural hist. and care in captivity). Look at the frog on the left (if I remember correctly) and at the front leg, see the dark "bump"?

It is clearly not something that should be there, since the other side of his face has no such bump.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be or any suggestions? I am thinking about having a fecal performed, but I wanted to hear opinions first. THanks guys

G

·
I have two leucs who have the same malady, from what you described. I have tried to treat them unsuccessfully with the silver sulfadiazine (that's spelled wrong). Mine have lived with it for a few months now with no visible problems. It DOES appear to be infectious though, as the leuc I added to my collection did not develop the bump until placed with the other after quarantine. I'm thinking it may possibly be an oppertunistic infection of some sort, since the other two leucs in my collection have not developed the bumps.

So, be careful to not spread it around your collection by trading plants, soil, fruit fly cups, etc. I've seen it in tinctorius as well so I know it's not just a leucomelas thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those bumps in the pictures look much larger than the one I am seeing. That being said, I hope I can treat mine before it reaches that point (if they are the same condition). Thanks for your help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts