Dendroboard banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I recently bought 2 Terribilis, and thank god, they are in quarentine, one of them have several dark pinhead spots on the back, and they showed up a Day ago. Its a bit thin, but is not legargic and hops around normally. Could it be parasites fungus or something else? All answers are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Same exact thing happened with my orange terribilis. Do they look like black scratches/spots? If so they will completely go away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are quarentined in a plastic bin, with slight ventilation, could the spots be due to it beibg insufficient?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The marks on the nose are identical to what mine had but the dots aren’t familiar. Neither I or the breeder could figure out what they were or where they came from but it had no effect on the frogs health And they disappeared so they were likely just scratches. If the frogs are feeding and gaining size I would wait and see if they fade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a comfort to hear it might not be an issue! BTW - I normally only feed dusted FF, the mealworms are very rarely used. I have'nt seen it eat, but it moves around normally. Its slighty fatter IRL than the picture shows. Still very curious as to what it is!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you are right about the marks on the nose, it seems to be the same, judging from your picture, but the small pinhead aized Dots are still a mystery, unless they are the same!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe the smaller dots are a bit pointy, and the larger areas are more flat, but not much, it's hard to tell!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe the smaller dots are a bit pointy, and the larger areas are more flat, but not much, it's hard to tell!
Those bumps are very suspicious. Mine didnt have those. I would keep doing what youre doing and leave them quarantined while you observe them. See if it gets worse or better and go from there. If it gets worse you should try to figure out what it is so you will know whether it is a potential risk to others

1 - 19 of 19 Posts