Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
Recently i bought a pair of Tincs as Black Saul but after watching some You Tube clips with some Alanis I'm lost...What do you think?

Nike :D

Sorry for bad quality pics(mobile phone)

And clip on You Tube to compare to

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I wouldnt take guess's at it, If I were you Id send the pics back to the seller and ask again as well as ask who he got them from with intentions of confirming the ID. GUessing is absolutely the wrong way to go.

Just the pattern wont always say, I had LD's with that pattern and color as well as other tincs. Back to when there were LD's, Sauls and YBs available.

Heres a sample these were LD sauls from Sean Stewart,

Michael

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Id first be worried about where you got them and if they are the same locale of tinc. People need to buy from those with a track record of actual breeding and positive ID's. Too many guess my frog threads these days.

Michael

Reactions: zBrinks

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Alanis/Inferalanis usually have some blue on the back legs... Table Mountain & Oelemarie look really similar as well. Michael is right though, if you want to be absolutely sure, you're gonna have to double check with the source.

Michael, aren't "Black Sauls" just a color variation of the Yellowback population? I was under the impression that "Black Saul" and "Lemondrop Saul" were descriptive terms and not separate morphs.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
They are all related, the Sauls, YB and LD. I just happened to be one of those who bought them up back in 2003 when Black Jungle had them as unrelated groups. Then the Lemon drops a couple years later. I recently gave them all up due to that headache, worse than the GO and Regina I swear. It was just a difference in pattern.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Greg,

These look like Saul Yellowbacks to me. To echo what others have said, it is important to be as sure as you can be about the origins of frogs. If you follow back who the person who sold the frogs to you came by his/her frogs, you'll usually find the person the imported them originally.

Good luck with them, Richard.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for your input...
It looks like is even worse than i thought:confused:
Sadly it is impossible to go back to the seller and ask.
Frogs came from the Reptile Show in Hamm,Germany my friend brought them in for me to London.
Seller was an unknown guy and none of us is going to see him again.
Thanks again for you thoughts and support.
Regards
Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts