Dendroboard banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you!:giggle:
Just light and water. A lot of the two things until set.
I didn't use fertilizer in the tank.
Temps between 24-28°. The last summer was very hot, so some parts turned a bit yellow. When the temperatures dropped it turned green again!
Once established! the moss appreciates more light than water. But you must hydrate regularly (especially in summer)
I am planning on trying a buttermilk/water spray for the moss. See below. The moss is new and I hope it becomes as lush and green as yours is. I’ll add a pic of the tank as a whole as well. See the moss that is pale? I figured ferts or less light. My tank is 74F and 99RH all the time. Anyway, gorgeous moss, very natural looking layout that you have. That’s my goal. Seems you do the same but with more success. I like the way you used the space as well. View on three sides. Beautiful, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you!:giggle:
Just light and water. A lot of the two things until set.
I didn't use fertilizer in the tank.
Temps between 24-28°. The last summer was very hot, so some parts turned a bit yellow. When the temperatures dropped it turned green again!
Once established! the moss appreciates more light than water. But you must hydrate regularly (especially in summer)
By the way, my tank has 5 ranetomeya amizonica Iquitos frogs, hence the canopy I cultivated. They are mainly arboreal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
By the way, my tank has 5 ranetomeya amizonica Iquitos frogs, hence the canopy I cultivated. They are mainly arboreal.

In my opinion your tank is very beatiful as it is! It's true!
For my moss to be so"strong", I spent almost two months without any type of plants or animals saturating the environment with very high humidity (90% -100%) all day, in addition to having the drip wall connected and with the lights on for 12-14 hours by day. It was only when it "took root" that I lowered the rains and reduced the daylight hours. Honestly and although the moss is always beautiful, if I had to do it now for me it would be impossible, because those conditions would not support other plants or frogs, of course.

Don't worry about the moss, if it grows in your viv, great! if not, your viv is really beautiful as it is!;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
In my opinion your tank is very beatiful as it is! It's true!
For my moss to be so"strong", I spent almost two months without any type of plants or animals saturating the environment with very high humidity (90% -100%) all day, in addition to having the drip wall connected and with the lights on for 12-14 hours by day. It was only when it "took root" that I lowered the rains and reduced the daylight hours. Honestly and although the moss is always beautiful, if I had to do it now for me it would be impossible, because those conditions would not support other plants or frogs, of course.

Don't worry about the moss, if it grows in your viv, great! if not, your viv is really beautiful as it is!;)
My frogs do well in high humidity. I try to drop it lower regularly. We both have tank envy. I love moss though. Mine seems to be doing ok so far. I regret mixing the Java and Christmas on the lower part. Tank needs a small trim too.

The moss down low seems lush, the part exposed seems leggy. I’ll keep trying things. Happy new year and thanks for the input!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts