Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 new mantella viridis........ and one is much more yellow that they other... Thay are really good looking....

One of my female mantella have beginnig to have the leg more black.... She is huge.... but the leg are being more darker....

I don't know if I have to worry about...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Darkness on the viridis

I too am raising many mantella viridis. I am not absolutely positive on their sexes, but If I remember right, i have 4.4.0 as my ratio. Anyway, a few of these viridis usually sit high up, on green moss, and stuff. THen there are those that hide constantly, or stay in the substrate. The ones that are out on the green stuff have typically stayed a nice vibrant color, where as, the hiding ones have really gotten a lot darker. Their backs are more of a dark yellow, their legs are very dark, not quite black though. So, I wouldn't be to worried about the color change, as long as your mantella is still eating well, is active, and/or calls if it is a male. If you have any more questions, let me know. I have been keeping viridis for quite some time now, and do know a little bit about them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!!!!

They a cool the mantella viridis...

But they habit are not simple....

My old male can be in the open for 3 month and go in to hiding for 3 month....

My female are really agressive when feeding... they eat everything and go into hide.... but they take a bath sun in the morning for 2 hours...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts