Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Vents have pretty big clutches. I got a clutch of 7 from my Iquitos about a month ago.
Good luck with them!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
very nice ! hopefully mine start to breed soon....one is calling like crazy :)

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
My last Iquitos Vent clutch was ten.

Richard.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Wow I'm jealous of all you guys with big clutches. My Iquitos vent's biggest clutch was 3, but the biggest that developed was only 2. They typically only lay one at a time, sometimes two. Hopefully they will bulk up in time.
Bryan

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Wow I'm jealous of all you guys with big clutches. My Iquitos vent's biggest clutch was 3, but the biggest that developed was only 2. They typically only lay one at a time, sometimes two. Hopefully they will bulk up in time.
Bryan
That's very unusual. Are they still rather young? Maybe you need to be feeding heavier. Sometimes with breeding issues a human grade vitamin A can help but I don't know if it applies to clutch size or not.

·
Registered
568 Posts
If your going to use a coin for a reference size, make sure it's a coin we Americans have seen before! (just kidding)

Good luck with your eggs!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Nope they are all about 2 years at least, one female I think is closer to 4. They are very fat, so I was feeding lighter, now they are breeding again I will increase again. They are full grown too, pretty large thumbnails. I actually just started using a vit A supplement because they were having sls issues when the few tadpoles they produced morphed out. They did lay 2 clutches of 2 each back to back two days in a row and all appear to be developing, so that's good, but honestly I wouldn't mind single clutches as long as the tadpoles would morph healthy. So far I'm 0/3 but hopefully that changes soon.
Bryan

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had clutches of 12 and 11. First thought was I had two females until 2 out of three started calling.

·
Registered
404 Posts
All of my clutches are at least 9 from my amazonicus! Usually around 9-11.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your going to use a coin for a reference size, make sure it's a coin we Americans have seen before! (just kidding)

Good luck with your eggs!
I' m so sorry but i live in italy and i have use for a reference one euro cent :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts