Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large, unused 60x20x20 tank in my backyard. I have been planning on sterilizing it and using it for some of the bigger dart frogs, like Tincs. Currently i am torn between Citronellas, Cobalts, Red Galacts, and Orange Terribilis. All of which are available at the upcoming Reptile Expo.

Which species/morph does this tank sound best for?

·
Banned
915 Posts
jus a thought since i dont know much about galats. but i'm thinking trills would be a good large group species to put in there

I have a large, unused 60x20x20 tank in my backyard. I have been planning on sterilizing it and using it for some of the bigger dart frogs, like Tincs. Currently i am torn between Citronellas, Cobalts, Red Galacts, and Orange Terribilis. All of which are available at the upcoming Reptile Expo.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

Sorry to be so bland, but any of those species would do just fine in those dimensions. I wish I had a tank like that to work with! Keep us posted on it's build and the inhabitants!

JBear

·
Registered
359 Posts
Galactonotus & Terribilis will work in groups, think you want a group of frogs in a big tank not just a pair of Tinctorius.
We'll appreciate construction journal for such an enclosure ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm thinking a small group of Galacts or Terribilis. I'll post any updates here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I will be sterilizing the viv this weekend.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Update: I will be sterilizing the viv this weekend.
Good job. Sterilizing old tanks and makings sure they are safe and chemical free can be a major pain in the behind.

Any of the frogs that you mentioned will do fine in a vivarium that size. If you want to do a group I would advise against the tincs though. They tend to do best in pairs.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: Just hosed down the thing, what chemical should i use to sterilize?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Red Glacs are ward to find I would totally buy them when you have the chance. Unless someone knows where to find some?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
If you want red galacts, patrck nabors has some. You better get on the waiting list now though. I was on it a good year to year and a half before I got mine lol.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another update: I have confirmed my purchase of two Yellow Terribilis, specifically Giant Limes. I wanted orange terribilis, but Understory Enterprises was sold out so i asked for Yellows, which they had in stock. I'll be picking some up at the Expo on May 29th.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Another update: I have confirmed my purchase of two Yellow Terribilis, specifically Giant Limes. I wanted orange terribilis, but Understory Enterprises was sold out so i asked for Yellows, which they had in stock. I'll be picking some up at the Expo on May 29th.
Giant Limes???

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the galacs are such a cool frog! i totally suggest them, but with what you want, youll be happier with the Terri's! the group of Galacs would have been a lot harder.

just for education (i learned after having the frogs a month) that they are NOT a D. they are an A. (Adelphobates) ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another update: I will be putting in new aquarium silicon this weekend. Once it dries i will create the environment and then buy the frogs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts