Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a new air conditioner today, and while I was doing it the temperatures got up to 82 degrees for about 30-60 minutes, and I went to feed and mist my frogs and I found one of my four orange phylobates bicolor dead, it is setup in shoebox with moist sphagnum and peperomia caperta and pothos clippings, along with a water bowl, and the only thing I can think of that killed it was the high temps for a little while, it was eating fine and doing great. The other 3 are fine. I have heard that phylobates are extremely sensitive to high temps before. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The moss was fairly fresh so I dont think it was that, I will go check again to make sure it is dead and not just in shock.

G

·
If it was 82F in your room, most likely it was warmer in the shoe box. Where was the shoebox? was it in direct sunglight? (or near any light?). 82 shouldn't kill a frog, but I find all my vivs are around 78 when the rest of the house is at 74.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were in my frogroom (converted wooden shed), so there was no sunlight on them, just some light coming from shoplights on other tankls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.