Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i'm a newbie considering eventually setting up a 30 Gal vertical terrarium... what i'm interested in knowing is what frogs to keep in it

ideally i'd like to maximize the vertical space i'll have available...

i'm considering housing leucs, as i've read they'll climb all over the place, and are easy to care for. does anyone have any other suggestions? i really like the look of the auratus, but it seems they're mostly ground dwellers... bear in mind i'm new to the care of these type of frogs... (although i do have experience w/ firebellied toads).

thanks,
sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...

i'l going with the 30 gal mainly because i have it already (used to have freshwater fish years ago).. it's actually a 30 Gal hex.... not massively tall.

-sam

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Oh Ok. A hex isn't as tall as a 30. My 30 gallon is 36 inches long. That would be a huge vert tank. There have recently been other posts about hex tanks, mainly the lids. Someone just made one with a water feature and put azureus I believe in it. Look for it under members frogs and beginners section. I would find it for you, but I have to go to class.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I think leucs are a really good choice. If you have successful experience keeping other types of frogs, then imitator might be a good one. I really like them and they are pretty easy except for their small size. If you can successfully keep your fruit fly cultures going for a month or two before getting frogs, then I think it would be safe to pick either. It's all about the flies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once you have the experiance I wouild say imitators.
I'm not the best person to say you needs years of experiance to keep them. When I first started in the hobby in 2002 I bought my first 4 frogs(Costa Rican auratus) in June and in October of them same year bought 3 imitators.I did ALOT of research before I bought them and asked ALOT of questions.
It will drive you crazy trying to decide what you want to go with so enjoy the ride.We have all been there :lol:
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts