Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it's safe to say that the df obsession has taken hold. I currently have 0.0.3 Standard Leucs and 0.0.5 Costa Rican Auratus (in addition to tons of treefrogs). What do yall think my next frog should be? I am leaning toward a pair of Tincs. I really think that I will end up getting Azureus, but wanted suggestions first. Anyone have a great experience with another morph? Anyone think a morph is just plain boring? All opinions are appreciated!
Thanks,
Field

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
You can't go wrong with tincs! They are bold and awesome. Galacts are also cool (probably my favorites) but will definitely be more shy.. It's a personal preference really. What do you like? Sounds like you kind of like azureus. Get what you like, not what we tell you to get. I personally don't think there are really ANY boring morphs of dart frogs.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have various thumbnails and Tincs and I can tell you the Tincs are by far my favorite. They are super bold and always out to stare at. My Green Sips literally fling themselves onto the front glass whenever I walk into the room....I think they are using me for food though...

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
It MUST be the BLUE FROG! After 14 years, Azureus is still my absolute favorite.

Good luck whichever you choose, Richard.

Reactions: DJboston

·
Registered
65 Posts
you cant go wrong with any tincs really. Just pick which one you like the most. If you go with azureus you won't be disappointed. The azureus pair I have are probably the most bold of all my frogs. Just the other day I went into the tank to fix a plant and one of them hops ontop of the cocohut like 2 inches away from my hand and just sat there watching me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I got the same frogs.. just in different order. I started with cobalts... then got leucs.. then I am getting blue/black aurautus next week :)
So my vote is for azurues or cobalts.

·
Registered
638 Posts
azureus is probably your best bet although you could get some vents they are a good starter thumbnail I also would say look into some vittatus people say there shy but mine arnt they are actually hoping around the viv untill I get up to them and spook them( but there come out while im still in the room, but they acually eat in front of me to which most vittatus really dont do but its your choice and id go with azureus good luck

·
Registered
259 Posts
I haven't had Azureus so I can't compare, but my Cobalts are extremely bold and are always out front. They do not get spooked and you have to shoo them away to move their coco hut. Fantastic frogs...I couldn't ask for better...lots of personality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts