Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best dart frog plant pack on any websites that would include some broms? I've been looking on a lot of websites and eBay but just not sure which one to get and what would be best for my tank. If anyone has any suggestions for which one I should get, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure about the size of your vivarium, but the packages from glass box tropicals include 5 broms in the 18x18x24 package. Of course you can always pick out any individual bromeliads you like and add them to your order from any online retailer.

I would also stay away from Ebay for plants. I've never bought plants from there but I've heard people on this site say it can be risky. I've gotten nice plants from Etsy, but you have to make sure you really clean them well. They might be using fertilizers something else that's not frog safe.

·
Super Moderator
3,974 Posts
Posting viv dimensions, frog species, and pics of the viv and hardscape would help immensely. None of this is one-size-fits-all.

Personally, I don't care for plant packs at all. The cost saving is minimal, and the selection is almost certainly from what hasn't been selling well. Many of those packs contain plants that are pretty useless for frogs, from those I've seen.

Also, everyone please note that the discussion sections are not the place for vendor reviews. Simply saying where you get plants will help others find what they're looking for. Thanks. :)

Reactions: kennyb123

·
Registered
41 Posts
Josh's Frogs, NEHerp and glass box tropical are all places to get packages from and you can always add from all the plants they have.
20210204_172436.jpg 20210215_135809.jpg 20210204_172424.jpg
Just some examples of plants i got from all 3

·
Registered
E. Anthonyii Santa Isabels
162 Posts
I would look to places like Glass box or NEherp for a few broms, then select your own plants from there, based on what you think works with your frogs and design. Brom pups are difficult to find just anywhere, but things like ferns, vines, etc. can probably even be found locally (be super careful in cleaning off fertilizer, if from a nursery).

That’s what I’d did anyway. I also just got a few plant clippings from a neighbor and will be propagating/quarantining over the next several weeks while building my next viv.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally, I don't care for plant packs at all. The cost saving is minimal, and the selection is almost certainly from what hasn't been selling well.
This has been my experience as well. If you have no preference whatsoever with your plants then it's probably fine but otherwise I would suggest picking them out yourself and paying the extra couple bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't currently have pictures. Its got an aquarium light that's about low to medium light, the vivarium is a 40 breeder converted into a vertical tank with a spray in background with some wood, my species is a dendrobates tinctorius azureus, and my hard scape is the stand substrate you get from petco or petsmart with a inch layer of leaf litter, a few pieces of wood for them to climb, an arch with moss for them to hide under, and the only plant I have in there currently is a few crypt wendtii green and some golden Pothos.

I see now that its better for me to buy individual instead of buying in packs. My question is does anyone have a list of what I should get for plants? I would prefer to buy in person at a local store but not sure what I can put in. Anything I can't find I will buy online I just don't know what to buy.

I appreciate all the replies thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts