Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im going to be gone all day 2morrow and was worrying about the temperature in my vivarium. The highest temperature my vivarium has gone is 83 degrees. When i home i run the a/c. Should i leave the lights off 2morrow. I have a 60 gallon with 6 leucs in it. There is a glass lid on top with no ventilation. I have two themometers in the tank. One on the near bottom of the tank that reads two degrees lower than the themometer on top. The one on the bottom is reading 77 degrees and the one on top is reading 79. I do have another lid that consist of 2/3rd plexiglass and 1/3rd screen lid.Should i put that instead? What is the best option i have? :confused:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would just mist heavily and leave the tank lights off. You could leave the room lights off too, or aim a fan at the tank, but it's not a real big deal.

I'll see you tomorrow,

Brian

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just mist heavily and leave the tank lights off. You could leave the room lights off too, or aim a fan at the tank, but it's not a real big deal.

I'll see you tomorrow,

Brian
Ima try that aiming a fan at the tank. Hopefully it works.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could stick a water bottle in there to keep the temps a little more stable.
would it be frozen? and if it is would it bother the frogs?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
If you are just going to be gone for the day, leave the lights off. The frogs and plants will be just fine if it is just for a day. As a matter of fact, I've left my lights off for several days at a time to combat the heat and have had no ill effects on my plants or frogs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts