Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always used fake plants for my red eyes and I've had them for almost 2yrs now but I'd like to get some live ones. I'm also getting 2 milk frogs in October and want to use live plants for them as well.

Also, what wattage UVB should I use for the milks? I'm not even sure what wattage we're using for my red eyes. It's been the same one since we bought them and my husband did the whole set up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anthuriums work best for me. They are broad leafed and can be placed directly on water. Milks and redeyes both benefit from plants with wide leaves. Another one would be pothos species for the same reasons.
The wattage of uvb in my opinion, does not matter as it is something that is not absolutely neccesary. Just stick to a wattage that does not bring your temps up higher than thei low eighties in the tank and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have pothos growing in with my milks, and it works just fine. It's sturdy enough for them to rest on, but it grows so quickly that I find that I have to prune it very frequently.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Spathiphyllum and Aglanoema are great choices as well...they will appreciate the broad-leaves. Chances are pretty good that having broad-leaved plants will make the frogs feel more comfortable which means you will see them more often. Birds-nest fern is a good option also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts