Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a 18x18x24 zoomed. I started off lighting it with a 10 gallon aquarium hood with 2 screw in 65w cfl bulbs. Broms have lots of color and several pupped and plants grew like crazy. Even java took off under it. I now use a 4ft t5 shop light with 2 bulbs. Make sure you get 6500k bulbs no matter what way you go.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a 18x18x24 zoomed. I started off lighting it with a 10 gallon aquarium hood with 2 screw in 65w cfl bulbs. Broms have lots of color and several pupped and plants grew like crazy. Even java took off under it. I now use a 4ft t5 shop light with 2 bulbs. Make sure you get 6500k bulbs no matter what way you go.
Umm.. are you sure you mean 65 Watt Cfls? :confused:

65 Watt cfls are huge... and that seems like would be too hot in a 10 gal. plastic light/hood w/ 130 watts total?

If you got that to work, I need to know how! :)

Todd

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been interested in the e27 base led bulbs as well...unfortunately the ebay vendors don't give very good specs about the actual light. The temperature, from what I can tell, doesn't matter much. I've been told anywhere from 5500-10000k is okay (I prefer closer to 10000 but or maye the 6500k's but that's just an aesthetics preference...I think it looks WAYYY better). Is the actual light output measured in lumens? that's what you've gotta look at. The color temp, I think, isn't as important.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've been interested in the e27 base led bulbs as well...unfortunately the ebay vendors don't give very good specs about the actual light. The temperature, from what I can tell, doesn't matter much. I've been told anywhere from 5500-10000k is okay (I prefer closer to 10000 but or maye the 6500k's but that's just an aesthetics preference...I think it looks WAYYY better). Is the actual light output measured in lumens? that's what you've gotta look at. The color temp, I think, isn't as important.
Natural sunlight's spectural curve and kelvin color temperature is what one should shoot for ....
but I think you already knew that. :)
It's the yellow line in the simple graph below.
Cheers!
:D

Attachments

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what you think of this

Plant Grow Light Hydroponic Panel 225 LED Red/Blue E27 | eBay
Description:

All White 225 LEDs Panel
Sufficient for faster growing and blooming plants.
Very Little Heat Mix LED Bulbs Protects your plants well.
14 to 16 hours per day for maximum plant health
Reduces water evaporation and keeps plants growing comfortably
The purity of the LED generated light lengthens growing and flowering periods.
Electricity savings up 50% to 90 % in energy compared to any other bulbs
No ballast needed, simply plug it in and ready to go.
Thermoplastic Circuitry board material
225 ALL WHITE Super Bright LEDs grow light
Dimensions: 12.25” x 12.25” Inches (30.5cm) square
Thickness: Low profile 1.25”
Color: WHITE 6000-7000K
Power cord length: 48”
LED Bulbs Power: Power: 13.8W
Voltage: 110V/60Hz
Perfect for indoor growing.
Recommended Coverage: One panel per 18” x18” (about 2 sq ft) LED life

Cautions:

White color when turn off
Blue+Red color when turn on

Package:

225 WHITE LEDs Light Panel (12”x 12”x 1.25”)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts