Dendroboard banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
cfls will be the least efficient of the lighting types that you mentioned. what type is best has alot to do with your individual set up. if you want lots of light and need to avoid heat leds look really good in the long run. most leds dont but out much or any uva or uvb. was just looking up online today to see if there is a nice uva/uvb high output led as that would be nice in my setup. i decided to buy a cheap uv monitor to see what lvl of uv my t5hos put out and compare that to daylight. then compare it after the glass hood goes on. my bet is i will either need to supplement with a uv flouro or a set of uv leds on the front rim of the viv under the glass top if i want uv levels sufficient in my viv to keep some small lizards or other animals that require uv. also ran into an article that suggests that pigments other that chlorophyll are boosted with exposure to uv as those pigments act as sunscreen against uv damage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.