Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I greatly appreciate all of the help I've been getting since I'm new to darts. I have narrowed my list to a group of auratus, tincs, or p. Vittatus. Which of the three would go best in a 55 gal long in a group of four?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Not tinctorius- they can be quite territorial and aggressive with same sexes. Auratus can show some female-female aggression and egg eating but it usually is manageable, especially if you give them space. I haven't kept vittatus but I know many people keep them in groups. Leucs are also good group frogs.
Bryan

Reactions: ktdarts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I keep all of those frogs.

I keep Tincs in pairs or male heavy.

I keep a group of Leucs and get lots of egg eating.

I keep Auratus in a group and get a lot of egg eating.

I keep Vittatus in a group, but am unsure what they are up too. They're new to breeding, but they have deposited tads.

It depends on what your focus is. If you are not concerned about breeding then I would say Leucs, Auratus and Vittatus will all do well in groups. If you want more eggs I would only keep one female in each group. As far as the Tincs, I have as many as 4 males to 1 female and I don't see much aggression between the males. The odd time. Being new, I would say not to bother with a group of Tincs at this time. Get some more experince under your belt. Welcome to the hobby!

Best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts