Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Eheims are very good. Although they might be a bit strong for a 20gl. What do you want to do with the filter? Waterfall?

Luke

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i was going to make a small water reature effect. I ahd a zoo med turtle filter but IT LED TO MAJOR FRUSTRATIN AND HAVING TO TEAR DOWN THE BRAND NEWLY SET UP TANK BECAUSE ITS A PIECE OF JUNK WHICH I WOULDNT RCOMEND WITH ANY HIGH TANKS sry had to vent there i was so frustrated it was nuts.

Anyways i wanted i nice canister filter thats not to pricey to keep my water clean and the tank smelling good(as in not stagnent smelling).

What about a magnum hot filter?

G

·
0 Posts
Why use a filter at all? I've never used one. The water will never be sparkling clear but a little brown water never hurt anybody. :D

No but seriously as long as the water circulates the gravel and substrate will filter the water.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So just a water pump (micro,mini,maxi jet) will do the trick?
Do you have a water heater to keep the viv/tank at a pretty constant temp?
What else am i missing?

What is your most crucial advice?(mybe i should start a thread on that i know my post would be READ)

G

·
0 Posts
Yea the pump I'm using is one of the cheap ones from harbor frieght. I'm still trying to get my temps constant so can't help you there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts