Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just starting to set up a grow out tub for some Golden Mantella froglets. What do people use to attach the ventilation mesh to the plastic tubs - super glue, aqaurium silicon sealant or anything else?
Cheers
SteveC

·
Registered
555 Posts
I use hot glue, and I rub the heated tip of the glue gun along the plastic so it melts a little. My hope is that the melted plastic and hot glue mix together for a better hold.

Otherwise, hot glue doesn’t really seem to stick well to anything.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
This is weird. Ha i brought home a container I want for a secondary 'direct feed out supply' per my waxworm culture for easy retrieve of Tinys.

Im just about to glue the mesh on with a glue gun. Im disappointed with the uneven shape of the air openings i cut out. So Im stalling

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies/ideas. I ended up using super glue for plastics that comes with an activator primer for use on polypropylene and polyethylene plastics.
SteveC

·
Registered
925 Posts
Otherwise, hot glue doesn’t really seem to stick well to anything.
I'm really glad you said that.

I hate the stuff because it is utterly untrustworthy IME, and I have never understood why so many people seem to love it. Perhaps because it's perfect for lying on YouTube? It's cheap as hell and it's easy as fuck, and will attach most anything to anything. For a minute or two, anyway.

If you're earnestly trying to make something that actually functions, over time, and not just give the appearance of working, it'll most likely ream you. My experience anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m about to try something as well. I wonder if the good old original gorilla glue will work? Or I have the loctite super glue to try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts