Dendroboard banner

Benedictas

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Piper 
#1 ·
I purchased a pair of 2 month old Benedictas in October. I also have 3 grown leucs. My Benedictas seem active, healthy, and are fed FFs every other day. Springtails are peppered in. FFs are dusted every other feeding.

I know that the two species are very different but the photos I see of adult Benedictas show them every bit as plump as my leucs. My babies have always seemed thin compared to pictures of adults. They have chubby bellies with little stick legs. Is it normal for juveniles to stay relatively svelte in the leg area?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a pretty low resolution picture to make any sort of conclusion specific to your situation, but I think juveniles of most dart frogs look kind of stick legged. I used to fear every froglet I morphed out had SLS (they didn't).

Freshly morphed out of the water they're always nice and plump, and then they seem to lose their "baby fat" as they grow out.

It's also worth noting that lots of adult frogs in captivity might be overweight, and that could be skewing your opinion of what they "should" look like.

A better picture would be nice for a more definitive analysis though- especially if someone smarter than me stops by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.