Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! Ive added a lot of really cool plants (thanks Ed and Gabe) and im happy with the way things have started to look! Just wish the frogs were not such introverts..

They DO exist! For a second I thought I'd given you a bad batch :/
When pleople ask whats in that Viv, I just say its for expensive plants... :)

looks good! have a build journal?
Here you go!
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/66904-benadicta-viv-build-journal.html

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Its funny, I was looking at your original build thread yesterday wondering if I could get some updated pics. Looks awesome! Only thing that could make it better is if you moved those large low broms to expose the wicked root structures a bit more.

Is that a Leptotes Bicolour in the upper right? How is it doing for you so far, and has it put out any new leaves? Im having difficulty with mine at the moment and will be moving it this week, so any advice would be great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very Nice! Another one of the inspirational vivs!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Is that a Leptotes Bicolour in the upper right? How is it doing for you so far, and has it put out any new leaves? Im having difficulty with mine at the moment and will be moving it this week, so any advice would be great.
The Leptotes bicolor does best in brighter, drier conditions. I have 2 plants growing in different vivs, they are only a few inches away from the top so they get DIRECT light from 65k compact fluorescent bulbs. They also stay a little warmer in the upper strata. Do not mount them with lots of sphagnum, just pin their roots on top of sphagnum or cork or something. If you are killing it, my guess is that it is too wet and not bright enough. I believe it is rated as a "full sun" plant, so you couldn't give it too much light in a viv, unless you put it directly under a metal halide or something :).

Are you getting any rooting out of your orchids yet chris? you go crazy on your backgrounds, I wish I had the patience to do something like that :)

ed parker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts