Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
1 looks female, 2 could go either way. SVL's? If 1 is noticeably longer than 2 then 2 is probably a male.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Adam, I'm fearing 2 females. The overall length looks very similar.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That would be my guess if they are relatively the same size. They both look a little plump for males. I bet if you got a male quite, you'd have eggs real soon.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Length is really what to go off of with reticulata genetic group species. I'd say 2 females unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Doug they almost look like the same frog, really nice red coverage and from underneath I could not see a wee wee on either one....sure look like girls. How old are they, if near adult you should be seeing a difference. I would say having 2 girls and letting them mature before laying would be a good scenario, let them achieve optimum size before introducing a male and then tadpole city.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, that's what I was afraid of but these are the first thumbnails out of the Fantastica group that I've worked with. They are over a year old now.
If anyone has a lead on a male can you give me a shout?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Very nice photo Wes.

I've seen Wes's benedicta and the photo, as usual, doesn't do them justice. If I'm not mistaken Wes, there is much more red than orange on their heads. I can't wait until you get some offspring...;)

She arched her back and turned her head a little at the last second, but she is obviuosly both lengthier and more plump.
View attachment 26267

Male is on top.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Very nice photo Wes.

I've seen Wes's benedicta and the photo, as usual, doesn't do them justice. If I'm not mistaken Wes, there is much more red than orange on their heads. I can't wait until you get some offspring...;)
Yeah, the colors are definitely washed out...one day I'll get an actual camera and retire the phone!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all. And the quest begins...

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anybody have any information regarding Benedicta throwing male heavy or female heavy froglets?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts