Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pros and cons keeping this plant in a viv? I think this one is very fast growing and can choke out smaller plants. This one is from a small cutting and 3 weeks later to this

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has been a very slow grower in my tank and one I will likely remove soon as just hasn't done well. It has spread but has several "heads" of about 4 to 6 leaves leaves and long leafless stalks. Leaves yellow and disintegrate on on mine after about a month just leaving new growth. I was hoping for something more like in your picture.

Simply my vivarium (or its location in my vivarium) doesn't suit its needs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, same light, same height from light. it wasn’t doing well in my viv so I took it out, clipped the top 2” off and planted in promix soil and then this happened. Seems like this plant does best in fertile soil. Previously I had it planted in peat moss and perlite and had the same problem with it being thin and yellow. If you find frog poop (mine like to fling it on glass) place it right next to the plant.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
For me, this plant tends to go through boom and bust cycles. I've never had it choke out other plants, but once established, it can be quite vigorous. It's also delicate and easy to trim, so I'd never consider it a nuisance plant. I've put it in a few tanks, and it has taken various lengths of time to adjust to each setup. It's died down to nothing and later reappeared a few times over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts