Dendroboard banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Hi Nick,

If you borrowed them from google images, each picture should be credited to the website it was originally posted on. Generally, simply posting "Source" below the picture, and then linking that to the original website, is considered sufficient.
Before I get started do you have permission to use these pics?
I did not contact those site owners & "ask" for permission if that's what you mean.
All of the pictures used were obtained from google image. I just couldn't use the original ones bc I couldn't find them again in order to obtain the originating website, so I only used the ones that I was able to obtain the web addresses.

I was under the impression that as long as credit is given to the originator by way of linking the pics that that was an acceptable form of usage? As it is not plagiarism if credit is given to the author & not portrayed to be of my own ... correct?
(This is what I inferred from Zach's response) ... or would that assumption be incorrect?

Maybe Zach can chime in since he is knowledgeable on this subject?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
As long as you link to the original source, it is generally acceptable as a form of credit given. If you do not give any credit, it is assumed the pictures are your own. If the website has a statement anywhere on it about restricted picture use, then you should contact the website admin for permission, or the contact information of the photographer.

In an effort to make this easier, here's several pictures of mine you are more than welcome to use (just link to [www.JoshsFrogs.com] below each picture).

Springtails:

Isopods:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Just a heads up, those black ones pictured don't look like Tomocerus - they have the wrong number of antennae segments. It looks more like something in the genus Podura.

Picture is from Wikimedia Commons...

If I could find my good camera after the move I would take some macro shots of mine microfauna collection.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just need to switch the Black springtail pic with the one Chris provided.
Maybe also use the pic Zach provided of the different isopods in the same pic under the Isopod header before the individual species are listed.

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts