Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm starting a 55g Viv. I want to be able to have 6-10 frogs in the tank. What type of frogs would u guys suggest? I want to stay with a bigger frog and have multiple pairs. Thanks everyone. Oh and Hi.

P.S.
I have years of experience in Reef keeping. So I am willing to trade corals for stuff to get me started and also frogs.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Welcome. Leucs are going to be the biggest suggestion for you.. They are great beginner frog, and do great in groups. Other frogs you might want to think about would also be auratus, terribilis, or bicolor. They all do well in groups. Take a look and browse all the different colors and kinds of frogs, and pick what you like best.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I also vote for Leucs. They are hysterical little frogs. They use all areas of the tank. Mine climb out onto limbs high up near the top and jump off to land on leaves below. Very funny. Especially when they miss.

They're beauty is really hard to adequately capture in pictures, IMO. That's true for all darts, I guess. Leucs were low on my list of wants but as soon as I got some, they quickly became some of my favorite frogs.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I've said this before...but be careful starting with D. leucomelas. They are such amazing frogs you may have a hard time finding another frog that compares when you decide to get more darts...which you will, trust me. Beautiful, bold, hardy, awesome call...the list goes on. If you start with leucs be prepared to be spoiled.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think anybody can stop with just one pair of darts. I will have been keeping darts for a year in November and I have five different kinds. Also currently making to more vies for more darts.lol it's addicting

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bet you can do a group of 5-6. I was going to do a 40gal breed with a group of 4 or 5 but I bought a 2 1/2 year old trio and I don't want to add any new frogs to the group

1 - 8 of 8 Posts