Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I’m doing my first build so bear with me as I make mistakes. I added silicone scuffs for the GS to grip to, then foamed in net pots (with siphon tubing for drainage) and my pieces of wood. I did this in two parts to allow the GS to cure. I did the second coat today, just filling in gaps and attaching my final piece of wood. I’m going to carve it this weekend, silicone it, then use tree fern fiber mixed with a little of my substrate mix to finish the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice start! Is this a frog cube conversion?

What froggies you planning for?
Nah, it's a 29 gallon (30" x 12" x 18"). I'm probably planning on a small group of leucomelas but I would be open to any inhabitants if you have suggestions! I'll continue to post my progress on the tank here.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nah, it's a 29 gallon (30" x 12" x 18"). I'm probably planning on a small group of leucomelas but I would be open to any inhabitants if you have suggestions! I'll continue to post my progress on the tank here.
Gotcha, not sure if you knew, but Frog Cube is a business that sells 3d printed parts for vivariums, including a really nifty kit that lets you add doors to a 29 gallon aqueon aquarium.

I bought one for a 20H and liked it quite a bit. I highly suggest them unless you have another method you prefer.

Leucs would be a good choice I think. If this is a vertical then a pair of thumbnails could work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got some carving done today. There’s lot of little holes where I can see glass so I may have to do another layer of foam or just some spot treatment. Will the silicone/substrate cover these holes or should I use some more GS?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still need some help on this, should I buy more great stuff to fill in the holes? Or not worry about it and put silicone over it? Any suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just make sure there is no way for the frogs to get behind the background. It wouldn't hurt to buy more great stuff; you always want to be on the safe side. Silicone would probably suffice by itself, but you would have to be very generous in application!

Gastrotheca
----------------------------
Crested Gecko 0.2.0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Added silicone and coco fiber to the background. We’ll see how it lasts while the plants start growing in. Just gotta let the touch-ups from today cure. I’m still thinking of Leucomelas unless anyone has another suggestion. Plant-wise, I purchased some sheet moss and I was wondering if I could blend it up and spread it on to the background in hopes of a moss background. Would I need to add some kind of fertilizer to it as well? I’ve got Selaginella uncinata and some Baby Toes that I could add for background coverage as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts