Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a few nice pictures to show off now that I have some time to upload them!

Any comments are welcome of course.

One of my male Sapasoa's

Some uakarii shots

Baja Huallaga's

summersi about to lay

Cristobal froglet, 1 month OOTW

Koetari's

Male Solarte

Cristobal male

Interesting fungus

Book Lice?

Crazy bright yellow snail that showed up. Very odd looking. Another that I've seen has red on it's shell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, i havnt seen Koetari's before. And like like frogparty said, those Cristobals are outstanding. Great pics!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great shots!
but it's time to clean the CMOS:D

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Uakarii and sirensis(orange) are like identical cousins, lmao! Loved the photos! All my thanks for sharing!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
nothing like some phallic fungi to throw you off guard while looking through frog pics :)
I was thinking they were a good comparison for the term "mushroom tip"...

Sorry...

JBear

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Cool pictures. The picture of the fungus reminds me of a fungus/parasite that gets into some insects and then blooms out of them after driving them to their death. Very cryptic

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
All pix are great. What did you do to the snails?
I have heard snails can be of significant risk concerning parasite/bacterial transmission. I would be a bit concerned if my vivs started turning up snails.

However, many old school thinkers(originators of our known husbandry) firmly believe in having a very diversified microfauna base, including snails, and other natural creatures(that are not predacious...), and even encourage things like field sweepings, etc.

JBear

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everybody! I'll try and get a few more pictures. I'd really like a pic of my female Cristobal.

Great shots!
but it's time to clean the CMOS:D
I left my camera next to some cultures a while ago and mites got into it and pooped everywhere :( I have to go pay to get it cleaned...

All pix are great. What did you do to the snails?
I've only seen 3 in a year, so I've left them alone. Weird little guys. They don't eat eggs or live plants so eh, no big deal.

Cool pictures. The picture of the fungus reminds me of a fungus/parasite that gets into some insects and then blooms out of them after driving them to their death. Very cryptic
I had the same thought.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a few pictures of some of my Saripiqui's

·
Registered
747 Posts
Very very nice pics Adam! Those blue jeans are great! I also love the uakarii!! Are you having any luck breeding them?? I have a pair but no eggs yet :(

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Very Cool, I was very unaware of what Koetaris looked like, I thought they looked like Blue Sips, but those look awesome any chance on details,...line? age? and change we could get some more images of them?

The first 3 pics of them look different that any tinc I've ever seen! The last photo does look like a blue sip to me.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very very nice pics Adam! Those blue jeans are great! I also love the uakarii!! Are you having any luck breeding them?? I have a pair but no eggs yet :(
Thanks Josh, I lost my uakarii pair during the snow storm unfortunately. I had been getting consistent breeding from them for a couple years but I was never able to get them to morph out healthy :( They are definitely a tough little frog to successfully breed.

Very Cool, I was very unaware of what Koetaris looked like, I thought they looked like Blue Sips, but those look awesome any chance on details,...line? age? and change we could get some more images of them?

The first 3 pics of them look different that any tinc I've ever seen! The last photo does look like a blue sip to me.
I'll work on some more pictures. These are from Understory, they acquired their groups from SNDF a while ago. The 3rd one I have looks somewhat like a green sip. Very odd frogs for sure. Both of those are at least 9 months old but I'm not completely sure.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks Josh, I lost my uakarii pair during the snow storm unfortunately. I had been getting consistent breeding from them for a couple years but I was never able to get them to morph out healthy :( They are definitely a tough little frog to successfully breed.
Oh wow.... I'm really sorry to hear that. I almost lost mine during the snow storm as well. We were without power for 9 days and the only heat was from a wood stove so all my frogs were consolidated into 3 aquariums next to the wood stove to keep them warm. Most of the frog did very well, but my escudos and uakarii were a very very close call. Luckily, all frogs recovered very well and are all fat and happy now. Any tips on getting the uakarii to breed?

Josh

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Cordyceps is the name of this fungi. earth tongue is the common name

1 - 20 of 34 Posts