1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Amazing photos and frogs :D

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Wow, that male is awesome! Put me on the list for offspring.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem Jim. Their first offspring should be out of the water in the next 2-4 weeks.

I caught these two in the same axil tonight so hopefully eggs soon :D

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Seriously, I am very interested, especially on the little guy on the left.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Dang, the clarity in your photos is amazing what are you using? - nice frogs as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beautiful Pictures! You've got some pretty amazing couples there I hope they all reproduce for you! Keep us updated!

Robbie

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That male in the first few photos looks almost spotless...any chance you could snap a pic of him from above, he's pretty sweet looking and I would love to see more.

If you don't mind me asking...is there any particular reason why you paired them up the way you have?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah he is a very nice looking basti...almost hi-lighter orange with a few spots. The macro lens I am using doesn't have image stabilization so the I don't think the pictures are coming out as crisp as they should. Maybe a mono/tri pod would help?

These two sets are paired this way because I got the greenish/blue dust and gold dust as a proven pair and the orange male fine spot I am still looking for the right mate for but this one will do for now. I have another unrelated orange female that isn't as bright as his current mate but with smaller spots which throws nice fine spots that I will try him out with next.

Here are some pics of the male from another thread:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Incredible. I have been looking for a basti with some blue in it for quite a while.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In low light is when her "blue" comes out. In high levels of light she is "mint green". This picture doesn't really show it all too well but it's the closest I could find:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Beautiful frog. I plan to put together a trio of different color varieties from the Cemetary population. I hope one has some blue or the genes to throw a froglet with some blue. I'm going to take my time picking the frogs for this trio, but I'd really like to get a froglet from that female when they are available. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snagged this guy from a brom axil today...their first to morph of the 3 I know of. I counted 12 viable tads in their 3 clutches they laid a couple months back so it will be interesting to see how many pop out.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's from the first pair in this thread...the dad being the frog you like. The others should be out in the next week or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts