Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read a post on KS from a guy, I think his name was Rick, not sure, anyway he had said that when he went on vacation he put a culture in the tank and he put a piece of banana in the culture to keep the ff's from all getting out at once. It makes sense to me. I was wondering if anyone had done this and if so, how did it turn out? I would think you would want to put the banana in a little cup inside the culture cup so it doesn't get on everything as it starts to rot.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Rhonda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i keep a small piece of banana in my viv all the time, under a small piece of cork and it works great :D ,it keeps all the fruit fly in that area and not scatered all over the place.all i do is take about an inch of banana and it last about a week :wink:
hamo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hamo, I appreciate it. So then it would probably be ok to have it inside the culture cup to keep them in there so they don't all pour out at once.
When I first put the frogs in their tank I had a piece of banana in there but there would only be a couple of ff's at it so I took it out. I will have to give it another try.
Thanks again.
Rhonda :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep i think it will work in a culture, you will find it takes a couple of days before they goto it,i think when it starts to smell
hamo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts