Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any comments on using bamboo leaves on the floor of a vivarium. i know they would break down.
walt

·
Registered
561 Posts
Walt, I tried them, my sister has a bunch of bamboo growing in her yard. I am not sure what kind, but the leaves are small and thin. They looked great, but broke down really fast once wet, much quicker than oak or maple.
Ed

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Ed Martin said:
Walt, I tried them, my sister has a bunch of bamboo growing in her yard. I am not sure what kind, but the leaves are small and thin. They looked great, but broke down really fast once wet, much quicker than oak or maple.
Ed
The springtails must love them!?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ed i guess your sister would have the same type as i have growing. i have a bunch of bamboo growing on my property. as far as replacing the leaves i guess it wouldn't be too much of a problem. i might for the heck of it give it a try.
walt

·
Registered
121 Posts
I´ve seen darts living in wild in bamboo forests... they seems to love it, as they hides under the bamboo leaflitter... I think you should give it a try... It all depends of wich bamboo species are you talking of. Here in the rainforest we have a very long lasting species of bamboo, and the leaves doesn´t break easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts