Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to all of this, and was wondering if there are any plants I should stay away from? Either because they are harmful to darts or because they are hard to maintain. I don't have a lot of money to work with right now, so I will most likely be getting my plants from Home Depot or Pikes Nursery versus ordering from the internet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you use plants from a large stores like that, pretty much treat them like you are certain they have been treated with nasty chemicals. Take them to the sink or tub and wash every bit of dirt, speck, etc. that you can off of them. After that, plant them in a good organic mix, and I would let them grow in for at least a month before letting you're frogs near them.
Good luck! and have fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In general, it is a good idea to avoid plants with large, sharp spines or very rough edges. Also, stick with plants that grow smaller as alot of the tropicals that are commonly grown as house plants can become too large for smaller vivariums. It would be a great idea to purchase your plants from a reputable seller...a nice selection can be found in the sponsor section found above in the head logo. Most of these suppliers have gorwth info readily available to help you chose whats best. Best of luck with you vivarium and welcome to the hobby!!

-Bill J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts