Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I just completed several new tanks andI needed some leaves, so I figure why not check the yard. Mind you I live in a concrete jungle.

While in my backyard I noticed some dried up leaves. I think they are from a "persimmons" tree that was planted years ago. The tree makes these sweet orange fruits, that my family loves. Can these be harmful to my dendro's

any info on this would help.

Thanks
Sal

G

·
0 Posts
i would not risk it, you say live in a concrete jungle, exhaust from the cars that go by are toxic and plants will absorb it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sal, I use Oak, Willow and Maple from my yard and have been doing it for a few years now and have not had any issues. I live in the city, but have a pretty big yard. I also get all my magnolia leaves from a place in the city too, as long as you can be sure there are no pesticides I do not think that you wil have an issue.
Ed

G

·
0 Posts
how far away from pesticides do you have to collect them from? we use pesticides at our office, but there is on oak tree about 20-30 foot from the closest place sprayed. there are some nice leaves around it now, but ive been to worried to go get some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts