Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonted to know where can i get tree bark to have as a backround and i also wont to know how you ppl paste it to you tanks.. iv seen lots of ppl use foam is this neccasery?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The foam is generally used to provide more texture to the background. So if you do not mind the flat panel just use silicone. Make sure the silicone says "safe for food usage on it".

Stitch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinking about going with the foam because i like the way it comes out but another question i have is how do you attach plants to the bark?

sorry im asking so many questions but im new to this and i have sooo many idea's for my first terrarium and im trying to learn as much as i can..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mixed cork, cypress wood, and foam covered by coco bedding. It seems to be working out great. Next time i would make sure i control the drip wall better though. The water seems to have a mind of its own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
soo i foam the bark to my tank and the left over foam thats sticking out i cover it with coco bedding or do i let it dry then cut the exas foam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a good start.

http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery/talltank/page1.html

1. I layed the tank on its back do you are not fighting the foam/gravity.
2. Arranged my wood pieces
3. Filled the gaps with the foam. Be warned this stuff expands a few inches and is very flammable.
4. Added a few more pieces of wood and cork bark after the original foam was fairly solid, about 3 hours.
5. Filled in the gaps
6. Repeat until your happy.
7. Working in small areas, apply silicone and coco bedding or similar material over this.
8. Once its dry remove excess material.

I also siliconed the entire back and enough of the sides and front to hide the false bottom and foam. This gives it a nice finished look. Of course my tank is in the living room and not on a rack like most here.

Thats how i did it. Let me know what you do different.

Stitch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
your pretty close to me about 4 hours away.... do you order anything from miami for your frogs.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No, i get most of it from around my house(realy good stuff) got my frogs from pet Bizzar in castleberry, and going to the tampa show tommorow to pic up stuff. I love miami its so awesome down there. I go every now and then its so much fun.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used the foam to fill in behind the cork bark and the cracks in between the pieces, and that in turn held everything in place. I didn't want my frogs to be able to get in behind the background. After it dried I just carved away the excess and smoothed it out with a Dremel, then used the 100% silicone to attach the coco mix to cover any foam that showed. It is really easy to work with.
Rhonda

1 - 17 of 17 Posts