Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone used this with coco-bedding as an alternalte to the silicone and coco method?

I found this link on the web http://imageevent.com/audiomaster/40gallonhexagon
but wondered how this fared with the long term exposure to water. It says on the bottle not for use in areas constantly exposed to water like a swimming pool and although it wouldn't be submerged I wonder if terraria conditions would be considered "constant exposure" to water.

G

·
You could ask him yourself. His name is Taylor I believe and he used to post on KS a good bit. He seemed to be pretty knowledgable, and I am sure he would give you a straight answer. I would like to know as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
When we constructed the background for the our 90 gallon, we were originally going to use the Ace Concrete Primer and Bonding agent, but we noticed at the store that there is a warning on the label regarding its use in areas the are constantly wet. At this point we decided to go with Weldbond, as there is no such warning.

This tank has been set up since last September and has 4 seperate water features that run down the walls. There has been no decomposition of the background whatsoever.

There are 2 key factors to consider when using Weldbond:
--Use at least a 1:1 ratio of Weldbond to water (you want your mixture of materials to be white, it will dry completely clear).
--Make sure you give it ample curing time. We dried each side of the tank for 2 days outside in the Arizona summer (i.e. dry and hot).

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions. We have set up quite a few enclosures using this method. It can be expensive, but I believe the aesthetic qualities are worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts