Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does every get the peat to stick to the great stuff. Most vivariums I have built are or gs and peat moss background but the peat washes off the g.s after a while. Any help?

·
Registered
454 Posts
how are you getting your dirt to stick to the great stuff to begin with? once GS cures its pretty smooth....are you sticking the dirt to the gs while its curing?

I believe most members use gorilla glue or silicone...work in small patches, spread it out and MASH a handful of dirt on it (put way more than you need cause some will still fall off)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm adding it to the g.s as it cures. It holds well but after about 4 months it starts falling off. You spread silicon on everything and get it to stick. Does the peat have to be dry when its applied cause I've applied it both when its wet and dry with no luck. I'm at the point where I have to tear apart an entire viv. And redo the background cause its yellow now...

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Let the silicone dry, coat with silicone, cover with DRY coir

you COULD give up the gs and use cork or clay or ecoweb

·
Registered
691 Posts
how are you getting your dirt to stick to the great stuff to begin with? once GS cures its pretty smooth....are you sticking the dirt to the gs while its curing?

I believe most members use gorilla glue or silicone...work in small patches, spread it out and MASH a handful of dirt on it (put way more than you need cause some will still fall off)
I've sprinkled coco-fiber onto the pond GS right after it's applied and had acceptable results... Definitely doesn't hold nearly as much as silicone does though.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.022496,-117.120735

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
id like to give up g.s all together but still might use it for securein pots and driftwood. I am hesitant with clay cause won't that cancel out most water features?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts