Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Just checking before I start later this week. Do I put silicone on all of the glass or some of the glass where I am going to be putting my background before using the foam. I think I am correct re: the silicone after reading some posts on here just not sure how much or what areas. Thank you for any help or advice. A lot further down the line I know but when the time comes I would to like to get either D. Leucomelas or D.Azureus. in my 18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra would it be best for the frogs just get 2 or would it be ok to put 3 in obviously the frogs wellbeing and happiness comes first. Many thanks again.
Gary

·
Registered
26 Posts
You may get lots of different replies, but this is what I do and what I suggest:

1. Wipe glass clean with rubbing alcohol
2. Silicone down pieces of egg crate to the back and sides (if you are doing sides). I use scrap pieces of eggcrate and position them near edges, base, top etc. I never buy and cut an entire piece just for this purpose.
3. After the silicone cures, you can then apply the foam over top of it all.
4. After the foam cures and you cut it down/shape it, I silicone the edges down to the glass and apply some substrate to it to cover it up.

Hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts