Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In some areas my great stuff gets wet, it shrinks and detaches from the glass. How do I prevent this? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Oh, yea, mine did that too. Hate it! One tank, it was small enough that I was able to fill in the gaps with silicone. On another I used sphagnum moss. Another got clay smooshed in there. One of them got the background torn out. :mad:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
When you use great stuff, it really takes about 2 weeks before it is done curing and shrinking. Shrinkage is inevitable and every few days after the initial application, I just give a good squirt where it shows visible shrinkage and it really helps to prevent shrinkage over the long term.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
Also if you put a thin layer of silicone down on the glass before the gs, it does not peel back quite as bad. I also add gs periodically over a week or so as mentioned above, it gives you a chance to plan your hardscaping instead of just randomly squirting gs and hoping for the best..

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright. It was only on the very top and the right right. The left side I sealed when putting the silicone/peat on the gs, which I didn't mean to, but glad it happened. It's not an issue on the back, which is where it can get bad, but I had that ha[[en twice where it feel off entirely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts