Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to make a background using the silicone then eco earth idea. But what other stuff can I mix with the eco earth to look a little more natural. This tank is for red eye tree frogs so small wood hips or chunks I would be nervous to use with the fear of impaction. Would spagnum moss work or would it deteriate too fast? Any input would be great. :D

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a "fuzzy" looking natural verticle surface much less a horizontal one..... But that tends to be the result of peat or ground coconut used to cover the surfaces. I think that long fiber sphagnum is going to break down too quickly and it is also an impaction issue if your worried about small pieces of bark. However if you feed the frog from a bowl, then you wouldn't have to worry about impaction.

Ed

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is a 72 gallon tank so I have thought of bowl feeding to make it easy for the frogs and me to keep count of. I am thinking tree fern but that stuff is exspensive

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
The tank is a 72 gallon tank so I have thought of bowl feeding to make it easy for the frogs and me to keep count of. I am thinking tree fern but that stuff is exspensive
Why not use cork then?

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts