Dendroboard banner

Which background?

• Coir mat

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • tree fern pieces

Votes: 17 94.4%

Background for ESTABLISHED tank?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  vivlover10 
just take the frogs out for a week. get a chance to revitalize some parts of the tank (like new substrate or drainage, adding a background, etc.)

sometimes you just have to go back to the drawing board. it happens :/

a week ago i replaced everything in my darklands viv, for instance. im also rebuilding a 29 that housed a man creek trio right now. (the trio are housed in QT containers with plenty of mag leaves) spoiler alert: its a beaut. faux eroded rock with some fantastic natural root structures intertwining it ;)

point being.. i know you are apprehensive about removing plants and animals but once you get into it, its easy, and if you get all the materials before hand and plan well you can replace everything in the tank and let it air out in a week or so.

and you can have some real fun with a rebuild too. right off the bat, i'd say a fun project could be to remake the "pond" area out of great stuff for a more natural look, and seal it with silicone or drylok. that project can be done for under $15 colored, textured and ready to go!

james

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.