Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a buff colored viv and I'm wondering what color should I make my new one that will make my frogs colors pop. Leaning towards black but I'm kinda thinking it'll look fake. If you have pics of a viv with black background post it for me please. Maybe a really dark brown?

Frogs I'm considering are tarapoto, varadeo, chazuta, or variabilis.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
One of the things I did was try to chose broms to contrast colors.... Like my variabilis viv all the broms have either purple like Domino, red and dark green in Mo pepper please, or with white and bright pink like Donger so the bright green and blue show up more then they would on a plain bright green colored broms. I did the same kind of deal with my varadero viv although the black and metallic orange show up against all the green even though the background is quite dark...The variabilis viv I didn't make a background....

Reactions: ktdarts

·
Registered
599 Posts
you could try mixing a lot of black silicone with a little peat. That way it's close to black but still natural. Not sure how well that would adhere though. Otherwise you can try an all black background, any frog would pop on that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with using the reds against the greens and orange frogs. I have wandering jew that is a purple/silver and I have some crystos that are a dark purple that make the greens pop out better. Some begonias are pinks and reds that would look nice also.

Good Luck, Curtis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts