Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. So I built a ten gallon vert and the GS foam has shrunk off the glass wall... What do I do??? The frogs would be able to get back out of the slit easliy because its about 1 1/2 inches wide. Should I fill it with dirt, moss, more foam??????? Please help me!!! I don't know what to do. I'll post some pics very soon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I'll do that. I just don't want the frogs to lay some eggs back there and I wouldn't be able to get them out. That would suck!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Ok. I'll do that. I just don't want the frogs to lay some eggs back there and I wouldn't be able to get them out. That would suck!
Easy way to get eggs from behind a background:
Let the frogs carry any newly-hatched tads out themselves so that they will place them in visible water-filled cups which you can remove yourself. Bingo!

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you dont have too many frogs in there you can just put them in a temporary container and reseal the background to the back of the glass.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Filling it in is probably a good idea. One concern I would have is a spider setting up shop back there, with you unaware, and then having a frat party.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Q: Did you just spray the great stuff on the glass?

I've always use black GE Silicone first as a thin base layer and added to great stuff after the silicone dries. My backgrounds have not budged one bit and my tanks are in the 2-4yr range.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I did. I've done this background for the fifth time and this is the first time its happened. I'm going to spray some more foam in it today or after the weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts