Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I noticed a pretty good sized bump on the back of my male Patricia yesterday. I cannot tell if it is getting larger and I do not see any movement under the skin. Any ideas what it could be?! Is it possible to get a clogged pore/gland? He seems happy, eating well and is moving around great. I am going to give it a couple more days. If it gets any larger I am going to take him to a vet.

Sorry the picture is so poor. I took it after I just misted. I will try to take more in a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This may belong in General Health & Disease.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I can't really tell from the picture because the glass is blurry, but could it be a tadpole that he is transporting that is curled up? Sorry that's the only thing that came to mind right away.
Bryan

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At first I thought it was just a water drop, but after a closer look I noticed that the skin was indeed bulged. This guy likes to sleep under the leaf litter at night and play all day. I am wondering if the leaves caused the infection. I am currently using sterilized magnolia leaves in their tank.

Tomorrow, I plan on pulling the current leaves and replace with a different batch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts