Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 baby woodhouse's toads from Colorado. They are about the size of a nickle.
I am keeping them in a 10 gallon aquarium with some leaves, rocks, calcium sand and pieces of bark. They have a water bowl with dechlorinated tap water that's about 1/2 an inch deep that they spend most of their time in. Why would they do this? Do they need more moisture or is it too hot? (they are in my basement the average temperature is 70 degrees but they have a small light that's not meant for heat but still produces some) I am feeding them gutloaded crickets about 30 small ones (total) a week. I tried mealworms but one of the little guys took it badly (the protrusion). Should i still use the mealworms once in a while? am i feeding them too much? Is their habitat ok? or any other advice would be well appreciated.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
If they are in the water all of the time the first thing to check after heat is whether or not the substrate is too dry or the humidity is too low. If both of those parameters are good then some sort fo disease process is the next step to rule out.

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts