Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a "breeding" trio from a local today. When I got home I inspected them closer and was horrified. They are emaciated and look very unhealthy.

They all look like that. I asked for a refund. I hope he comes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This whole thing is making me sick. I separated each of them into their own 190oz tub, and gave them a big meal of calcium dusted fruit flies.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Where was the frogs posted for sale ? On this site? I wonder if the Mods could offer some assistance or something to make sure this individual does not take advantage of anyone else?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am returning the frogs tomorrow, and the seller is going to work on fattening them up. The seller has been great during this, and I don't have any hard feelings against him or her.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I am returning the frogs tomorrow, and the seller is going to work on fattening them up. The seller has been great during this, and I don't have any hard feelings against him or her.
That is indeed good news that he is going to do the right thing by you and those frogs. :)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
???Why???

This has also happened to me once before, and yep...I've got hard feelings. A seller (even a new one) should know better than to sell frogs in this condition. He/she has totally neglected the health of these frogs and made them suffer, knew they were in the shape they were in, and then tried to make money off of it!

If you ask me, this is inexcusable. These frogs should have been given away to someone who wanted to shoulder the emotional and financial responsibility of hopefully getting them back into good shape and who knew the risks involved.

I am absolutely a good-hearted and forgiving person who is willing to work with people...but some people just push it too far.

·
Banned
1,573 Posts
I would be surprised if the frogs make it. Please pm the mods as the feedback is down and there might be other complaints about your seller that people aren't aware about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's not just sellers that are guilty of this.

I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa yesterday and took this:

The entire enclosure was bone dry, and these things were barely moving. How can such an accredited zoo allow such abhorrent husbandry?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It's not just sellers that are guilty of this.

I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa yesterday and took this:

The entire enclosure was bone dry, and these things were barely moving. How can such an accredited zoo allow such abhorrent husbandry?
Did you bring their condition to the keepers attention?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Put Tilted a 7-8day old FF cup into the viv with it. Like Bill said, you want the FF larvae. 1-2months it should bounce back.
One thing you don't want to do is feed it large quantities at a time, this could overwhelm and stress the frog out put it in even worse conditions. So feed smaller amounts at a time and you should see better results.
Hope this helps you as much as it did for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts