Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered 2 Azureus, but I don't know alot about how the tank should be set up. What type of plants are suggested? We have some pumilios, but I don't know if the tank should be set up the same way. We're probably going to be feeding them fruitflies, since that is what our pumilios get. I'm pretty new at this, so I'm up to any suggestions. If anyone has any pics, that would be great also. If we get a male and female, I hope they'll have some babies for us. Thank's for any suggestions!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:shock: I have to be honest with ya, we need to read before we buy! I did the same thing too I admit it so here we go. Azureus love high humidity, they eat alot I mean ALOT! Set up should be hygenic, at first become acquainted with the frogs keep it simple. With every first frog purchase we need to observe and monitor. A simple set up will do, Have you visited Patrick Nabors site Saurian Enterprises? His approach is eloquently simple yet effective with these guys, read the baby dart frog heading. An air tight lid on a 10 gallon will work fine, this keeps humidity in, are you planning on running water in the set up? If so then remember to change water every week replace approx 10 to 20 percent refresh. Maybe get a water test kit to monitor water quality, aside from a generous food supply this is a priority to logevity in dart frogs and by all means get your hands on as many books as possible and read up, but if tis not in the budget then read up on the saurian page till funds arrive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's so much for the advice. I have been on Patrick Nabor's site. I've found lots of helpful info there. My husband set up the tank because he is the one who does all the research. Thank goodness he has the experience, because like I said earlier, I'm new at this. I was just interested in seeing some other azureus tanks. I'm also always up for other advice from others. We're not going to have running water in the tank, at least not for now.

I've been to the site that was posted on this message, but I didn't really see any tank set up for azureus. Maybe I overlooked it!

Thank's again for any advice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have 3 males and 1 female in this tank,
How big is your tank? I have a 29 with 3 male tincs, want to get a female for them. Not sure if all 4 will be ok in that tank, as it is sometimes I think I they need more room.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's so much for the advice. I have been on Patrick Nabor's site. I've found lots of helpful info there. My husband set up the tank because he is the one who does all the research. Thank goodness he has the experience, because like I said earlier, I'm new at this. I was just interested in seeing some other azureus tanks. I'm also always up for other advice from others. We're not going to have running water in the tank, at least not for now.

I've been to the site that was posted on this message, but I didn't really see any tank set up for azureus. Maybe I overlooked it!

Thank's again for any advice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's for sharing a pic of your tank, Rob! That's a nice set up you have! What size of tank is that?

Tanya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not mean to post the same message twice. I'm not quiet sure how that happened, sorry! :lol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
29 gallon tank. If there was an additional female I would definitely need a larger tank or a separate one. All of the frogs in there are extremely healthy and fat, although I might take out one of the males and put him in his own tank.

rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if I can ever find a female for my cobalts I was planning on moving them to a larger tank (40 gallon?) or taking one of the males out.

-tad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.